The Avocent HMX 6000 Series is an IP-based high performance KVM extender that can be part of a fully-matrixed KVM solution when an HMX Advanced manager is added to the solution. This enables you to locate your critical computing hardware in a secure and temperature controlled environment away from the user work station, while maintaining a pixel perfect desktop experience.
Best Suited For:
•Broadcast and Entertainment
• Truly unlimited extension distances - Extension distance is not limited to a single 100 meter cable length - If you need to
• extend further, simply add a 1GbE network switch to achieve even greater distances.The units are also fitted with SFP cages to accept fiber optic transceivers which enable much greater extension distances.
• Single CATx cable or fiber for greater flexibility - This significant asset is what gives you the freedom to use the full variety of cable links that you typically find within an average structured cabling system. The result is that you can achieve reliable links, regardless of whether the cables are CAT5e, CAT6 or CAT7.
• Real time control with perfect digital video - Using a spatially-lossless encoding system, with 1:1 pixel mapping. The digital
• video you receive is the same as the digital video leaving the remote computer.
• Security - For applications where security is of high importance, the system has the ability to disable the use of non-HID devices, meaning there is no need to physically block USB ports to prevent the use of mass storage devices.
• USB 2.0 with Class Control