… Global approval for hazardous areas and maritime usage
• IECEx, International EX standard
• ATEX 2014/34/EU, EU directive
• DNV and GL approved
… Designed for demanding Edge Network applications
• 7 ports, all gigabit
• Advanced WeOS layer 3 functionality
• Low power consumption DC supply
… Robust for long service life
• 388,000 hours MTBF to MIL-HDBK-217K
• –40 to +70 °C without ventilation holes
• Industrial and trackside type tested
… Unique future proof industrial networking solutions
• Simple web configuration with professional CLI
• Network IP Security and remote access
• Multiple network resilience solutions
RedFox EX is a high performance layer 3 industrial Ethernet switch designed for high network traffic applications in EX environments. RedFox EX is independently tested for IECEx and ATEX by Baseefa. This makes RedFox EX perfect for hazardous area applications in any part of the world. Various port configurations are available that can be further customised with SFP transceivers. RedFox EX is powered by the Westermo WeOS network operating system.
The RedFox is designed for use in heavy duty industrial applications in its robust aluminium housing. Its wide power range and I/O fault contact make it ideal for easy installation and monitoring in industrial applications.
Only industrial grade components are used which gives the RedFox an MTBF of 388,000 hours and ensures a long service life. A wide operating temperature range –40 to +70 °C (–40 to +158 °F) can be achieved with no moving parts or cooling holes in the case.