- Single or dual radio 802.11a/b/g/n/ac (MIMO 3T3R), up to 1.3 Gbps (radio bit rate), optional LTE mobile broadband router and GPS (coming soon)
- MESH, WMM QoS, multiple SSID and centralized RADIUS security supported
- Supports DFS and TPC
- Dual insulated redundant power supply input (24 to 110 VDC EN50155 nominal or 12 to 36 VDC) or PoE+
- Shock & vibration proof, rugged aluminum enclosure, IP66 seal rating
RailBox is a rugged device designed for railway and light rail applications. It can be mounted in trains, subways, trams or in any equipment that requires robustness and mobility.
RailBox can be implemented by system integrators and rail vehicle manufacturers who are seeking to establish high availability for:
- uninterrupted train-to-trackside communications (CBTC, CCTV, VoIP, preventive maintenance, PIS...)
- carriage coupling (to support any train composition change and provide a redundant & reliable onboard network)
- reliable onboard vehicle network (WiFi onboard, train announcements, infotainment...)
The device relies on the multi-streams MIMO technology that contributes to an expanded coverage, higher data throughput and increased radio link reliability.
Furthermore it combines an optional LTE mobile broadband router plus a GPS allowing using the device as a mobile hotspot in transportation applications (coming soon).
It fulfills the most severe requirements in terms of operating environment: from -25°C to +70°C (extended :-40°C to +75°C), shock and vibration proof, protection against dust and water projections (IP66).