AKEMI® Body Filler No. 4 styrene-free is a 2-component filler based on unsaturated polyester resins dissolved in vinyl toluene. The product is distinguished by the following qualities:
- - very good drawing properties due to creamy consistency
- - high filling and non-sag properties; a large area layer thickness up to 5 mm, respectively a small area layer thickness up to 10 mm is possible in one single operation
- - fast hardening (10-15 minutes)
- - facile grindability and high abrasive properties
- - very good adhesion on metal (iron, steel, aluminium), wood, stone and various plastics (e.g. rigid PVC, polyester) also in case of higher temperatures (up to 100°C)
- - resistant to water, petrol, mineral oils, diluted lye and acids
AKEMI® Body Filler No. 4 styrene-free is mainly used in body shops, commercial vehicle construction or in the engineering industry for levelling of dents, uneven surfaces. Additionally, the product can be used in model construction or other hobbies as well as for bonding of parts made from above mentioned materials which are not exposed to an extreme strain.
1. - The surface to be treated must be free of rust and dust, dry and slightly roughened. All prior coats not hardened and thermoplastic acrylic lacquers must be removed.
2. - Add 1 to 4 g of red hardener paste red to 100 g of filler (4 to 5 cm of paste pressed out of the screw tube correspond to 1 g).
3. - Both components are mixed until a homogeneous shade of colour is achieved. The mixture can be worked for about 2 to 8 minutes.
4. - After 15 to 30 minutes the hardened filler can be worked (ground, drilled, milled).
5. - The hardening process is accelerated by heat and delayed by cold.