The Eppendorf twin.tec® PCR plate1) combines extremely thin-walled polypropylene wells for optimal heat transfer to the sample, with robust polycarbonate frames for high rigidity. With raised well rims, twin.tec plates enable highly effective sealing to reduce the risk of cross-contamination.
Twin.tec plates are available in many different formats to suit different workflows and applications, for example:
• 96-well and 384-well formats
• skirted, semi-skirted, and unskirted
• divisible plates to avoid waste in small assays
• individually wrapped forensic DNA grade plates
• microbiology plates
• barcoded plates
All Eppendorf twin.tec PCR plates are ‘PCR clean’, having been batch-tested and certified by an independent laboratory to be free of a range of common PCR contaminants, including DNA, DNAse, RNAse, and PCR inhibitors. With twin.tec PCR plates you’ll have maximum confidence in your results.
1) European Patent EP 1161994 and US patents US 7,347,977; US 7,767,153; US 6,340,589; US 6,528,302
PCR Plates are registered trademarks in following colors: yellow, red, blue and green
The rigidity of the polycarbonate frame not only helps with automation – it makes handling of the plates easier in manual workflows.
• One-piece design: combining a polycarbonate frame and polypropylene wells for optimum performance
• Extremely thin-walled polypropylene wells guarantee optimum heat transfer to the sample
• Exceptionally solid and torque-resistant polycarbonate frame
• Improved well-to-well tolerance
• Cut-away corner and alphanumeric grid-referencing
• Raised well rims for effective sealing, also reduces risk of cross-contamination