The VM is particularly suitable for shutting off and regulating abrasive or dirty fluids. The handwheel control and diaphragm seal provide precise and effective control, while reducing the risk of water hammer to a minimum.
In addition to manually operated version, the VM is also available in configuration with pneumatical actuator VM/CP.
VM/CP are produced using actuators complying with current regulations and selected by FIP according to its requirements of quality and reliability.
• Connection system for solvent weld, threaded and flanged joints
• Compact and lightweight construction
• High flow coefficient and minimum pressure drop
• Internal components in metal totally isolated from the conveyed fluid, with anti-friction disk to reduce friction to a minimum
• Modularity of the range: only 5 diaphragm and bonnet sizes for 9 different valve sizes
• Handwheel that stays at the same height during rotation
• Bonnet fastening screws that screw into the built-in bush preventing the deposit of dirt or impurities
• CDSA system (Circular Diaphragm Sealing Angle) used up to DN50, offering the following advantages:
- uniform distribution of shutter pressure on the diaphragm
- reduction in the tightening torque of the screws fixing the actuator to the valve body
- reduced mechanical stress on all valve components (actuator, body and diaphragm)
- easy to clean valve interior
- low risk of the accumulation of deposits, contamination or damage to the diaphragm due to crystallisation
- operating torque reduction