The ARES Soiling Measurement System accurately measures the instantaneous and daily soiling loss percentage by comparing the light generated current difference between two identical PV reference cells. The ARES CS5 soiling sensor has a “clean” reference cell which is cleaned daily while the “dirty” reference cell is left to naturally soil. ARES is an Internet of Things (IoT) device and outputs data over a 3G or 4G/LTE cellular network. ARES is powered by the sun and does not require external power, making it deploy-able in virtually any location with a cellular signal. The sensor is configurable for SCADA systems and dataloggers using its Modbus RS-485 connection.
Accompanying the ARES device is the Wash Extension device, which automates the washing events and provides feedback. The Wash Extension device can detect successful wash events, low tank level, low battery, high humidity, and freezing conditions. ARES can be used without the Wash Extension device if it is manually washed at fixed intervals.
ARES Soiling Station Features:
- Fast installation in under 1 hour anywhere in the array field
- Self powered and cellular enabled
- Cloud-based software calculates soiling loss and projects optimal wash dates
- Calibrated c-Si reference cells closely match the spectral response of site modules.
- Guaranteed clean irradiance measurement
- Unique patented solution using proprietary technology
- Accessible anywhere via web portal
- View key ARES soiling station data
- Wash forecasting and analysis
- Proactive alerts and notifications for upcoming wash dates
- Download raw soiling data
- Multi-user logins