polyester strapping tape
Polyester strapping are characterized by a very consistent tensile strength and a very high elongation. Characteristics that are most decisive for a safe strapping method. Unlike strapping made from steel, Polyester strapping have a high elongation and absorb shocks and impacts during transportation and handling far better than steel strappping. The excellent elongation features allow the substitution of steel strapping for the same application with a Polyester strap having a lower breaking strength.
The modern Polyester strapping system offers many advantages
STARstrap™ Polyester strapping offers excellent mechanical features such as hig breaking strength, outstanding elongation and perfect tension retaining capabilities.
These characteristics result in:
- no damage or contamination of packaged goods (corrosion-resistant)
- high shock absorption in case of impacts during transportation
- less pressure on edged of the package
- perfect and individual secured packages
- strap tension remains tight in cases where package may shrink during storage or transportation
- substitution of steel strapping by STARstrap™ Polyester strapping allows the use of a strap with less breaking strength
- reduction of material costs (up to 50 %)
- less injury risks in case of strapping breakages
- easy and clean handling compared to steel strapping