Point cloud plug-in for Bentley
Leica CloudWorx for Bentley is the most efficient and popular plug-in software for using as-built point cloud data – captured by laser scanners – directly within Bentley MicroStation, AECOsim Building Designer and OpenBuildings Designer.
Users take advantage of the familiar Bentley interface and tools to shorten the learning curve for working with laser scan data. Leica CloudWorx and the powerful Leica Cyclone and new Leica JetStream point cloud engines let Bentley users efficiently visualise and process large point cloud data sets. Users can create accurate 2D and 3D as-builts, check proposed designs against existing conditions, and perform critical construction & fabrication QA, and more… all directly within Bentley.
In the past, users often struggled with point cloud manipulation when using Bentley point cloud plug-ins. CloudWorx overcomes this with its powerful TruSpace viewing window. This intuitive, panoramic viewing window lets users “see” better what the point cloud represents, and acts like a super-control to drive point clouds visualisation in Bentley with unprecedented speed.
Features and Benefits
- Auto-Fit Polyline tool lets users quickly fit 2D lines and arcs to the point cloud with one, two, or three pick points; combine with QuickSlice for fast, user-friendly 2D linework extraction
- Auto pipe fit – for process plant as-builts
- Accurate tie-ins & clash checks
- Fully-featured for 3D or 2D deliverables
- Automatic orientation of UCS to point clouds