- High pressure die casting consist in injecting, under high pressure, a molten alloy in a metallic mold that solidifies quickly to form a workpiece.
- This transformation process allows to reproduce complex pieces with thin walls.
- It's a fabrication process economic and fast for the production in large production of light alloy parts.
- One of these main advantages is to have a high repeatability and a high tool life.
Characteristics of the aluminum used in high pressure die casting
- At equal volume, aluminum has 34% by weight of steel
- Aluminum is an excellent conductor of temperature, 1.8 times better than copper
- Die-cast aluminum has good rigidity and good strength / weight ratio
- It also offers the possibility of high working temperatures
- Recycling aluminum is easy and economical, environmentally friendly