Utilizing MGI’s award winning and revolutionary inkjet technology, the JETcard 3D provides card manufacturers with an all-inclusive printing/encoding/finishing solution.
MGI’s JETcard 3D is a true Card Factory and can replace up to 5 different pieces of equipment traditionally used in the plastic card production chain: Litho press, collator, lamination press, die cutter and encoder/personalization printer.
The JETcard 3D utilizes pre-cut blank cards (with/without magnetic stripe or RFID) and is ideal for turnkey production from 1 card to millions, all ready to be sold (fully printed, personalized, coated, encoded & verified).
The JETcard 3D is targeted for card manufacturers as well as commercial printers, maximizing productivity for high volume applications while still remaining cost-effective for short runs. The JETcard 3D has already been awarded the prestigious "2010 Siemens Innovation Grand Prix" and the “2011 Engineering Prize", in recognition of MGI’s R&D achievement.
From an individual blank ISO CR-80 card, the JETcard 3D is able to achieve in one pass, the following processes:
• Pre-coating to ensure a full compatibility with the substrates available on the market
(plastic, paper, PLA, etc.)
• Printing 4, 6 ou 8 colors to expand the spectrum of the printable colors
• Optional white opaque ink
• Optional security ink revealed only under a black light
• Micro text and guilloché patterns
• Full variable data printing including text, barcodes & images
• Spot UV coating or flood UV coating for card protection
• Read & write capabilities on HiCo/LoCo magnetic stripes
• Automated quality controls and rejection of the defective cards