Providing low and constant measuring force for high-accuracy inspection of délicate workpieces
• - Patent registered (Japan), Patent pending (Japan)
Idéal for measuring the thickness or height of a workpiece that can be easily affected
by the measuring force
• - With a measuring force of only 0.01 N, the Litematic is idéal for measuring easily deformed workpieces or high-accuracy components.
• - For workpieces for which 0.01 N is insufficient, either the 0.15N or 1 N model is recommended.
• - The spindle is motor-driven and stops when the contact point touches the workpiece. From then on, the maximum, minimum, or différence value can be measured using a constant measuring force.
• - High resolution dosvn to 0.01 pm and a wide 50 mm measurement range. The use of a low thermal-expansion material for the spindle and ceramic for the measuring table minimizes the effect of température variation during use. The unit is rust-free, simplifying maintenance and management.
Constant measuring force principle
An unbalanced, parallel-link structure enables the Utematk to offer a low and constant measuring force.
The Litematic's measuring force is not provided by a spring but cornes from a structure resembling a balance scale. We call this a "parallel linkage." A motorized slider carrying the linked spindle moves down its guideway while the linkage is supported on a stop, as shown in Fig 1. When the spindle contacts the workpiece (Fig. 2) it moves the linkage up off the stop and the motor is halted. At this point the linkage is now supported by the workpiece, and thus a constant measuring force is applied.