In response to increasing demand from the show laser market, Ushio Inc. is beginning production of HL63373HD in October. This 638nm laser diode (LD) offers 1.0W (CW)/1.2W (pulse) of output, providing an advantageous combination of high output power and small emitter size.
Achieving this level of output power from an emitter width of 40um maximizes the use of laser light within the optics. Offering an impressive wall-plug efficiency of 41%, HL63373HD is packaged in a high-heat dissipation 9mm CAN, delivering improved temperature performance in comparison to a 5.6mm CAN package. Additional features include a maximum operating temperature of 45° C, as well as multi-transverse mode with TM mode oscillation. These elements make this LD well-suited for show laser and biomedical applications, as well as a light source for optical equipment or other instrumentation.
• Optical output power: 1.0W (CW), 1.2W (pulse)
• Short wavelength: 638nm
• High wall-plug efficiency: 41%
• Operating temperature: 45°C
• Multi-transverse mode
• TM mode oscillation
• High-heat dissipation 9mm CAN package
• Expected lifetime: MTTF >1,000hrs
• Show laser
• Light source for optical equipment
• Ushio standard HD (TO-9) package