Nylok’s patented NYCOTE® coating process provides an affordable and efficient way of protecting fastener threads from weld spatter and electrodeposited paints, primers and coatings. NYCOTE is a non-conductive, 98%-pure Teﬂon® PFA Fluoropolymer powder thread coating that can be applied to virtually any fastener to add lubricity and reduce torque versus tension scatter.
NYCOTE is widely used in industries such as agricultural, automotive, appliance, electronics, HVAC, machinery, marine, outdoor power equipment, recreation equipment and telecommunications manufacturing.
* Eliminates expensive masking, plugging or capping of threads
* Eliminates the need for "slave" bolts
* Eliminates re-tapping which can compromise quality and safety
* Prevents the adhesion of electrodeposited primers and coatings
* Prevents adhesion of weld spatter
* Reduces torque vs. tension scatter
* Improves lubricity and reduces installation drive friction
* Coats external or internal threaded fasteners
* Achieves known and repeatable clamp load
* Guarantees good electrical grounding
* Reduces manufacturing cost by increasing productivity
* Coats only the threads - not grip length or faces
* NYCOTE is patented and trademarked worldwide