Ion exchange technologies
Ion exchange is a chemical reaction occurring between a positively or negatively charged ion and an oppositely charged resin. On the field of water treatment it is usually used for water softening, in case the water is considered to be hard. For water softening an anionic resin is used to lower the Ca2+ and Mg2+ content of the feed flow.
In case the feed flow has high concentration of anions like Cl-, HCO3- an cationic resin must be used.
Pureco has different type of ion exchangers, with single or twin columns, providing the opportunity to regenerate the resin of the column on site.
• automatic regeneration
• continuous operation (in case of twin columns)
• reliable control mechanism,
• long lifespan,
• wide range of capacity.
Fields of application
• periodic supply of softened water for industries,
• supply of softened water for heating devices,
• supply of softened water for hospitals, hotels.