The 4096×4096 pixel HAWAII-4RG™ (H4RG) is the next generation, state-of-the-art readout integrated circuit for visible and infrared instrumentation in ground-based and space telescope applications.
* Large (4096×4096 pixel) array with either 10 µm or 15 μm pixel pitch.
* Compatible with Teledyne Imaging Sensors (TIS) HgCdTe infrared (IR) and silicon PIN HyViSI™ visible detectors, providing sensing of any spectral band from soft X-ray to 5.5 µm.
* Substrate-removed HgCdTe enhances the J-band QE, enables response into the visible spectrum (70% QE down to 400nm) and eliminates fluorescence from cosmic radiation absorbed in the substrate.
* Reference rows and columns for common-mode noise rejection.
* Guide window output – windowing with simultaneous science date acquisition of full array. Programmable window which may be read out at up to 5 MHz pixel rate for guiding. Readout is designed to allow interleaved readout of the guide window and the full frame science data.
* Selectable number of outputs (1, 4, 16, 32 or 64) and user-selectable scan directions provide complete flexibility in data acquisition.
* Built with modularity in mind – the array is 4-side-buttable to allow assembly of large mosaics of 4096×4096 H4RG modules.
* Fully compatible with the TIS SIDECAR™ ASIC Focal Plane Electronics