Radial spherical plain bearings are designed primarily to carry radial loads and handle moderate misalignments.
Timken’s spherical plain bearings (SPBs), or bushings, are metal-on-metal bearings consisting of a spherically ground inner ring housed in a mating outer ring without any rolling elements. While all plain bearings are precision ground and made from through-hardened steel, custom orders are available and can include special materials, clearances, surface finishes or configurations to accommodate unique applications.
Size range: Available from 12.7 mm – 600 mm (0.500 in. to 23.622 in.) bore
- Rings manufactured from hardened steel help deliver consistent, reliable performance.
- Phosphate-treated rings coated with molybdenum disulfide (MoS2) minimize friction of contacting surfaces.
- Simplified housing and shaft designs reduce installation time.
- A-frames, dump cylinders, front and rear struts, and steering cylinders for mining trucks
- Equalizer track bars, lift and tilt cylinders, push blades, trunnion balls and ripper blades for bulldozers
- Articulated joint upper and lower steering cylinders and boom and bucket cylinders for wheel loaders
- Stick and bucket cylinders for hydraulic excavators
- Additional applications for space shuttles, heavy movable structures and miscellaneous vehicles