Ultimaker PP (polypropylene) is a durable, chemical resistant material. It has exceptional fatigue resistance, high levels of toughness, and a low-friction co-efficient. From electrical components to living hinges, PP is the go-to material for prototyping and end-use parts.
Ultimaker PP material properties make it popular with engineers and manufacturers worldwide. For example, the filament's chemical resistance makes it ideal for 3D printing bottles and containers as functional prototypes that can hold a liquid product.
• Chemically resistant to a wide range of acids and bases, including industrial cleaning agents
• Retains its form after torsion, bending, or flexing
• High electrical resistance for good electrical insulation
• Low density, resulting in lightweight parts
Choose Ultimaker PP filament and your 3D printed part will have some impressive properties:
• High strength-to-weight ratio
• Shore D hardness of 45
• 27.1 kJ/m² izod impact strength
• 200% elongation at break
Ultimaker PP material is often chosen for the following applications:
• Functional prototyping
• End-use parts
• Concept models
Ultimaker PP can be printed on the Ultimaker S5, Ultimaker S3, and Ultimaker 3. It is officially supported for single-extrusion prints.