WD-40 Multi-Use Product lubricates moving parts such as hinges, wheels, rollers, chains, and gears. It protects against rust
and corrosion on items like tools, and sporting equipment. It penetrates to free stuck corroded parts like nuts, bolts, valves
and locks. It quickly removes adhesives, corrosion and paint. It displaces moisture to restore water flooded equipment such
as engines, spark plugs and power tools.
• Operating Temperature: -60° F to 300° F (-50° C to 150° C)
• Dielectric Strength: 38,000 volts per 0.10 inch
• Solubility in Water: Insoluble
• Surface Compatibility: For all variations : WD-40 Multi-Use Product demonstrates
none to negligible deleterious effect to plastic, rubber and metal hard surfaces.
This includes Acetal, neoprene/hard rubber, HDPE, PPS Copolymer Polysulfone,
Teflon, Viton, steel, galvanized steel hot dip, electroplated, copper, brass,
magnesium, nickel, tin plate, titanium and zinc.
• Surface Cautions: Nearly all surfaces interact with WD-40 Multi-Use Product as
they would any high grade aliphatic petroleum spirit. Certain types of rubber will
swell upon prolonged immersion. Wax polishes and certain wax coatings may be
softened by WD-40 Multi-Use Product. Clear polycarbonate and polystyrene may
stress craze or crack. Always test surfaces first.
• Kb Value: 25
• Wet Film Thickness: 50 um (0.002 inch)
• Coverage: 600-1000 ft2 per gal