L.B. Bohle Maschinen + Verfahren GmbH
Who we are
L.B. Bohle the full system supplier – Special machines for solid dosage production
L.B. Bohle Maschinen + Verfahren GmbH is a global acting manufacturer for the pharmaceutical industry. The range of products includes process and handling equipment for the pharmaceutical solids production. A
The company was founded in 1981 by Mr. Lorenz Bohle. A large number of well-known multi nationals belong to the group of satisfied Bohle customers.
Bohle has got an export rate of about 30 %. Nearly 30 % of the total turnover is generated in the US. The US market is served by the Bohle LLC which is based in Warminster, Pennsylvania. The second important market is Germany. Bohle is still very present in Middle and Southern Europe and expends the activity in Eastern Europe especially in Russia. Furthermore the Asian market is very important to the German machine builder. Due to the subsidiaries in India and China the turnover share of Asia enlarged. In the recent past Bohle also increased the sales in South- and Middle America.
For instance, film coater, blending systems, fluid bed systems, single pot and high shear granulators, dry granulators, handling systems and much more were successfully planned and built by Bohle. The German engineering company also creates laboratory equipment for the research and development units of its clients. Bohle is the technological leader in the field of coating machines and with more than 3000 sold blenders the world market leader in this segment. Beside the batch processing technology L.B. Bohle focusses on continuous processing with the continuous production unit QbCon, the roller compacter BRC and the semi-continuous coater KOCO®.
The headquarters are located in Ennigerloh, Germany with an operating area of approx. 40,000 m2. About 250 specialists build a highly qualified team. The manufacturer has subsidiaries in Sassenberg and Ennigerloh (Plant 2 and Plant 3), Germany, L.B. Bohle LLC, in Warminster, PA, USA and L.B. Bohle India Private Ltd. in Mumbai, India. The company has one representative office in Shanghai.
Furthermore, the company is represented all over the world in about 40 countries by independent sales agencies.
In 2005, the L.B. Bohle Service Center was established. This well-equipped area offers the opportunity to operate the Bohle systems for trials and tests. A complete pharmaceutical production line to develop and test machines and methods is available there. In a pilot scale it could be worked under real conditions. The production line will be completed with versatile measurement, test and analysis techniques. Furthermore the Service Center is the location for seminars and symposiums.
The Technology Center at the headquarters was inaugurated in March 2015. Bohle focusses on continuous processing there and created a continuous production unit together with a consortium from industry and academia. Customers from the pharmaceutical industry can now experience the benefits of continuous production first hand. The unique feature of this plant is that the tablet production can be implemented either without granulation or with dry or wet granulation, in one system.
The modular concept of continuous production offers substantial time savings since it does not require any time-consuming analyses of the product samples between the process steps.
Our environment and energy policy
- As a leading machine builder for the pharmaceutical solid dosage industry, advanced thinking and action are essential for L.B. Bohle. Forethought to society and the environment are core principles of enterprise actions for German mechanical engineering. Therefore, we are actively involved in the VDMA initiative Blue Competence and conform to standards that believe high social and ethical values are a condition for lasting corporate success.
- Sustainable engineering contributes to a world worth living. Ecological, social and economic principles stand at the center of our corporate goals.
- Social responsibility means for us to improve the quality of life on the basis of human rights and the observance of laws and norms. In particular we take responsibility for our employees with regard to providing the best possible terms of employment, support continued education and advancement and create new jobs to offer more opportunities .
- Sustainable thinking and action is an important contribution to the improvement of the worldwide climate - for example, by efficient and careful dealing with both renewable and non-renewable resources, we create less waste and more reusable products and production technologies.
- We know that sustainable action increases economic success. Products and services are not optimized in the short term but are designed for the whole life cycle along the value creation chain. They represent the most efficient macroeconomic solution.
- We embrace our social responsibility and focus on positive actions in order to achieve a higher quality of life for both people and the environment.