phase sequence tester / phase / motor / non-contact
phase sequence, phase
Motor and Phase Rotation Tester
If you install or connect 3-phase motors and systems, you recognize the importance of verifying the correct motor rotation and wiring phase sequence. Improper connections can cause motors to rotate in reverse direction, potentially damaging the motor and the equipment it is powering.
The PRM-6 Motor and Phase Rotation Tester can test the motor rotation of 3-phase systems, and verify 3-phase receptacle wiring and phase sequencing with test leads. An additional advanced feature is wireless motor rotation detection, which senses motor rotation direction without use of test leads. This is particularly useful for fast-running motors when the motor rotation cannot be visually determined or when the drive shaft is not visible.
• Phase sequence display with LCD
• Display of a missing or incorrectly connected outer conductor
• Non-contact motor rotation indicator when the motor is running
• De-energised identification of motor connections (U, V, W) via a manual drive
• Fast detection of phase sequence in three-phase supply
• Voltage range from 40 to 700 V, Frequency range 16 to 400 Hz
• Robust housing with rubber protective cover
• Detachable test leads
• Measurement category CAT IV, 600 V
• Back light
• Testing rotary field direction possible without batteries, or with empty batteries