Residual current monitor, Type B
External differential current transformer ND 5015
The AC/DC sensitive residual current monitor RN 5883 allows an early detection of insulation faults and detects differential currents with AC as well as DC components in grounded voltage systems (type B). The measurement takes place via an external current transformer.
Contrary to an RCD the residual current monitor RN 5883 does not disconnect the mains when detecting a fault but only indicates it. Besides the easy to read LED chain indicating the actual current several LEDs display operation, pre-alarm and alarm. The 4 measuring ranges cover 10 to 3 A. Additional features are broken wire detection, test function and adjustable pre-alarm.
The residual current monitor RN 5883 provides early information for precise and cost effective maintenance before the plant stops.
• According to IEC/EN 62 020, VDE 0663
• For AC and DC systems Type B
• To detect earth faults in grounded voltage systems
• 4 setting ranges from 10 mA to 3 A
• Manual reset, with alarm and pre-warning
• With adjustable switching delay
• Energized or de-energized on trip
• LED indicator for operation, pre-alarm and alarm
• With test function
• LED-chain indicates fault current
• As option with analogue output
• Broken wire detection
• Width: 52.5 mm
Advantages / Customer benefit
• Preventive fire and system protection
• Increasing the availability of plants by early fault detection
• Universal usage at AC/DC mains
• Protection against manipulation by sealable transparent cover over setting switches