The HSMT-Compact is a manual one-axis encoded scanner. In particular, it is light and small, and also versatile. It can be used (with up to 4 probes) on plates and for circumferential scans on pipes as small as 4.5 in. OD pipes.
The HSMT-Compact is a light, small, and versatile manual one-axis encoded scanner. It can be used -with up to four probes- on plates and for circumferential scans on pipes as small as 4 in. schedule (4.5 in. OD). The scanner length can be changed and the frame can extend outside the limit of the wheels, providing a configuration that is well suited for hard-to-reach places such as pipe-to-component welds.
The HSMT-Compact completes the HSMT family. While the HSMT-Flex and HSMT-X03 are designed for construction welding inspection, the HSMT-Compact is designed for maintenance weld inspection.
HSMT-Compact Kit Includes:
• Scanner frame with handles
• Additional frame bars: 400 mm (16 in.) and 600 mm (24 in.)
• Four magnetic, plastic-covered wheels
• Waterproof, spring-loaded wheel encoder
• OmniScan-compatible encoder with 5 m cable
• Four 90° probe holder brackets
• Four spring-loaded arms (SLA)
• Four TOFD/PE yokes (31.75 mm)
• Two phased array yokes (40 mm)
• Irrigation tubing and accessories
• Two metric/U.S. rulers
• Hard carrying case
A typical configuration includes two phased array probes and a pair of TOFD probes, to comply with ASME code.
Other configurations include:
• 1 pair of TOFD probes
• 2 pairs of TOFD probes
• 2 PA probes
Manual Water Pump Kit
Water pump is compatible with scanner umbilical cables. It can also be used with provided tubing.