IMSA GUN DRILLING AND MILLING MACHINE
FOR SMALL TO MIDDLE-SIZE MOLDS AND MOLD INSERTS
AND FOR MECHANICAL COMPONENTS WITH CENTERLINE AND OFF-CENTER HOLES
• The gun drilling and milling machine IMSA MF1000C is dedicated to molds and blocks up to 2 / 4 tons (depending on the chosen table). A workpiece having a diagonal (diameter in rotation) of 1250mm can rotate inside the machine structure.
• This gun drilling machine can also be used to drill off-center deep holes in cylindrical parts.
• Straight and angled drilling (4-axes machining) thanks to rotary table available in two versions:
size 700x800mm table load 2.000kg, or size 800x900mm table load 4.000kg.
• Compound angle drilling capability (5-axes machining) in the machine version equipped with rotary/tilting table size800x800mm, table load 2.500kg, tilting angle +25°-20°
• Drilling depth in single operation 1000 mm. Drilling method: gun drill tool. Optimal drilling diameters: 4 - 25 mm solid. 13 kW 6000rpm gun drilling and machining spindle.
• New liquid-cooled spindle.
• Milling operations for preparation and completion of the deep holes, such as spot-facing, twistdrill boring, tapping. Thanks to the new "Swing on Top IMSA System" the whole gun drilling unit is rotated upwards, setting the ISO40 spindle free for milling operations.
• Specific IMSA functions for deep drilling process control:
- Electronic workpiece approach
- Electronic check against gun drill-breaking, by reading the cutting effort
- Special coordinate transformation function for angled machining.
• Temperature, pressure and oil cleanliness are fundamental parameters to ensure a continuous trouble-free gun drilling process.