The MI Thermocouple welding machine incorporates a new weld torch assembly and a new vice jaw arrangement for easier changing of thermocouple sizes. This machine is specifically designed for welding the hot junctions of mineral insulated thermocouples. Either Earthed (Bonded) Junction or Insulated Junction welds can be accommodated. The machine will weld thermocouples from 1.0mm to 6.0 mm outside diameter. The welder is divided into two sections to accommodate the two different welding processes associated with the junction of an MI thermocouple.
• Welds all Mineral Insulated thermocouples from 1.0mm to 6.0mm.
• Fully automatic weld cycle under microprocessor control.
• Both conductors and sheath closure weld carried out on one machine.
• Removable Microscope included with optical light guide for maximum visibility.
• Separate weld actions for conductors and sheath closure (CD & TIG).
• Automatic recharge on CD ready for next weld.
• TIG weld has slope-up and slope-down functions for accurate weld control envelope.
• Bench mounted.
• Single phase supply.
The machine operates from a single-phase 220-250v-ac-50Hz supply and is rated at 2000VA. For countries using 110V 60Hz please specify at time of order.
The machine requires a supply of High purity Argon Gas. Use of any other gases e.g. Argon/Nitrogen, Helium etc will alter the characteristics of the weld arc. Advice
should be sought before using special gas mixes.
The maximum outside dimensions of the machine, including the microscope and weld table are: 500mm Wide, 450mm High, 775mm Deep
The bench footprint: 500mm Wide, 480mm Deep