The SUPERCHANGER® Plate And Frame Heat Exchanger, sometimes referred to as a gasketed plate heat exchanger or GPHE, provides outstanding efficiency transferring heat from one liquid to another, often water to water, or from steam to liquid. This modular exchanger combines frames, plates and connections to form a variety of configurations. It is found in many of the same duties as shell and tube heat exchangers.
Promotes maximum heat transfer; induces scouring action that fights fouling or scaling.
Fits into 20–50% of a shell and tube footprint including service and maintenance space. And, it costs less.
Hundreds of plate styles, patterns and draw depths to precisely match your application requirements
Of less than 1°C (2°F), with “U” or “K “ values 3 to 6 times higher than shell and tube exchangers.
Opens within its own footprint simply by loosening the tie-rod bolts and rolling the movable frame back to the support column.
MAXIMUM FLUID COMPATIBILITY
Range of alloys, including titanium, plus variety of gasket elastomer compounds, to precisely match your fluid characteristics for maximum uptime.
RELATED PLATE & FRAME APPLICATIONS
• Heat exchanger duties wherever operating temperatures and pressures do not exceed 180°C (356°F) or 27.5 bar (400 psi)
• Space-limited process expansions
• Heat recovery from low grade waste streams
• Viscous fluids or slurries
• Industrial fluids suitable for high heat transfer rates at low pressure drops