AKEMI® AKEMIX 15 is a solvent-containing, 1-component contact adhesive based on polychloroprene. The product is characterized by the following properties:
- - good resistance to ageing
- - high stability to heat (up to approx. 50°C)
- - very easy to spread due to low viscid consistency
- - high bonding strength
- - good resistance to humidity
AKEMI® AKEMIX 15 is an adhesive for universal use in industry, handicraft and hobby for bonding polyurethane-elastomer, foam, latex, felt, linen, hard PVC, natural rubber, butyl caoutchouc, polyurethane, rigid and flexible foam, synthetic rubber, plastic laminating plates and cardboard as well as wood, steel, aluminum and stone. The product is not suited to bond expanded polystyrene, polyolefin (e.g. polyethylene) and PTFE (Teflon).
1. - The surface to be treated must be free of rust, grease, dirt and dust. We recommend to slightly roughen smooth surfaces and to clean them with AKEMI2 Universal Thinner before bonding.
2. - Heat up subcooled adhesive to approx. 25 - 35°C. Thickened adhesive can be diluted with AKEMI® Universal Thinner.
3. - Apply the adhesive with a brush or a spatula.
a) - for vapour-permeable material: apply only to one part and immediately press both parts to be bonded together.
b) - for vapour-impermeable material: apply to both parts, allow to evaporate for at least 10 minutes. The film must be sticky but not stick to the finger. Press both parts together.
4. - After complete drying of the adhesive it is also possible to bond at a temperature of approx. 50°C.
5. - The hardening process is accelerated by heat and delayed by cold.
6. - Tools can be cleaned with AKEMI2 Universal Thinner.