Bulletin 140MP Motor Protection Circuit Breakers (MPCBs) or Motor Protective Switching Devices (MPSD) provide magnetic short circuit and thermal overload protection up to 32 A. They are tested in combination with Allen-Bradley® Bulletin 100-C and 100-K contactors to create two component motor starters.
These are UL listed as Manual Motor Controllers (with optional approvals for Suitable as Motor Disconnect and Suitable for use in Group Installation). Group motor installations eliminate the need for individual branch short circuit protective devices for each motor circuit, reducing panel space, installation & wiring time, and costs. There is only one Branch Circuit Protective Device (BCPD) for the “Group”.
These devices meet requirement of Motor Protective Switching Devices (MPSD) as per IEC 60947-4-1 and Circuit Beaker as per IEC 60947-2 standard for application outside of North America. These devices may provide following functions.
• Disconnect for Motor Branch Circuit
• Short-Circuit Protection (Magnetic Protection)
• Overload Protection (Thermal Protection)
• Manual Switching (Motor Control Means)
• Provides overload protection – trip class 10A
• Offers phase loss sensitivity
• Includes disconnect function
• Suitable for three- and single-phase application
• Offers UL group motor and IEC Type 1and Type 2
• Offers CE, cULus, CCC, KC, EAC Certification
• Provides interrupting rating @ 400V up to 100 kA