Gripper with compensation unit, hydraulic
For part handling in the machine tool.
The gripper achieves a fully automatic workpiece change during the machining process on a machine tool. It is changed from the tool magazine of the milling machine and enables workpiece handling between the part storage and the clamping device.
It is actuated via cooling lubricant air, which is routed through the machine spindle. The gripper closes hydraulically and opening takes place by means of spring force.
The integrated spring-loaded CX counterbalance function protects the tool, machine spindle and workpiece, and compensates for tolerances and unevenness.
Depending on the machine used and the operating pressure of the cooling lubricant, there are three pre-configured grippers available. Please note the minimum and maximum operating pressure.
- Max. permitted speed: 20 [rpm]
- Suitable for Weldon seat and hydraulic expansion chucks
- Designed for ambient temperatures from 0°C to 60°C
- Transportation of workpieces up to a max. of 8 kg
- The standard supply includes three replacement seals
- Available in two designs for workpiece sizes up to a max. of 50 mm or 70 mm
- The counterbalance function (Z: 5 mm, C: +/- 3°) ensures that all components are optimally protected and tolerances and unevenness are compensated
- The gripping force can easily be adjusted by means of throttles and thereby adapted to the relevant requirements of the workpieces
- Easily exchangeable gripper inserts for handling various workpiece geometrics
The AMF gripper is GERMAN DESIGN AWARD WINNER 2018.