The Digital 3D Image Correlation System Q-400 is an optical measuring device for true full-field, non-contact and three-dimensional measurement of shape, displacements and strains on components and structures made from almost any material.
The Q-400 system is used for determination of three-dimensional material properties in tensile, torsion, bending or combined tests. In addition, deformation and strain analysis can be applied to fatigue tests, fracture mechanics, FEA validation and much more.
A Wide Range of Applications
Its flexible design opens a wide range of applications from microscopic investigations on microelectronic or biomedical materials up to large scale measurements of aerospace, automotive, marine and railway components.
- Advanced materials (CFRP, wood, fiber injected PE, metal foam, rubber, …)
- Component testing (shape, displacements, strains,…)
- Material testing (Young’s Modulus, Poisson’s Ratio, Elasto-Plastic Behaviour)
- Fracture mechanics FEA validation
- High-Speed applications (dynamic measurements, transient events)