This machine is the flagship product of F.lli Rotondi. Gemini is a measuring machine for automatic measuring of medium-sized pieces and for digitizing of patterns and models.
Framework with fixed bridge and mobile table
• Machine base/guideway, worktable, supporting columns on Y axis, slide ways made of diabase (black granite) on Y axis – worktable with clamping fixture inserts for fixing the parts to be measured
• Slideways on X axis – machine bed with Vee-ways made of diabase
• Slideways on Y axis – double square-shaped crossrail made of diabase
• Sliding of carriage on Y axis – on a large bearing surface in a perfectly symmetric position
• Z axis – also this in a perfectly symmetric and barycentric position as to the Y axis
• Slideway and quill on Z axis – made of high-resistant carbon fibre, square-shaped
• Sliding of all axes on high-precision air-bearings
• All travel motions are held up
These peculiar structural solutions allow stable performances which are repeatable over a long time. The entire machine structure, including the supporting columns on the Y axis, is made of granite. The slideways of the X axis are located externally to the worktable and its Vee-shaped construction eliminates any slack during travel. The slideways of the Y axis, which consist of a double crossrail, ensure a wide bearing surface. The perfectly barycentric position of the Z axis reduces the possibility of rolling,pitch and yawing errors. The use of carbon fibre for the quill of the Z axis makes it very light, extremely stiff and not influenced by any thermo-variations.