SciLog® SciPres® scalable pressure sensors are designed for incorporation into single-use purification platforms, available in five sizes. Pre-calibrated and gamma stable, calibration and identity information is stored on the sensor's chip.
• Careful monitoring and control of pressure is essential for the efficiency and safety of several units of operation within a biopharmaceutical manufacturing process. SciPres® pressure sensors, part of Parker domnick hunter's SciLog® range of pre-calibrated, single-use sensors, can measure and document pressure in a range of filtration, separation and purification applications:
• Trans-membrane pressure (TMP) control in tangential flow/cross flow filtration operations is crucial in optimizing product yields.
• Critical normal flow filtrations such as virus filtration, final sterilizing filtration or mycoplasma removal from cell culture media are validated in the process to remove micro-organisms at a given differential pressure (dP) which must be maintained.
• Cross-column pressure measurement in chromatography operations monitors blockage preventing column or resin damage.
• The pressure across a centrifuge can be used as an indication of unit throughput.