COOLCAP® – Mills and media-optimised cooling arbors for Solid Carbide End Mills
The COOLCAP® arbors made by Pokolm Frästechnik are deemed the new, optimal system for effective cooling of Solid Carbide End Mills.Pokolm-Coolcap
The manufacturer from eastern Westphalia, famous for innovative solutions, designed the COOLCAP® arbors so that both the volume flow and the discharge velocity are perfectly matched to the various milling diameters and are adapted to the various cooling media at the same time. This especially effective direct cooling through a curtain jet enables higher speeds. Moreover, chips are securely removed from the cutting zone. The best possible lubrication action in the cutting zone additionally guarantees a high surface quality. That makes the entire milling process faster, more efficient and safer – indispensable prerequisites for optimised machining performance.
COOLCAP® arbors are available with machine-side connections HSK 63 – Type A and SK 40 – DIN 69 871 AD respectively for Solid Carbide End Mills in the diameters 6, 8, 10, 12 and 16 mm. Replaceable caps for different cooling media such as air/MLQ or emulsion round off the cooling arbor system.
HSK 100 Form A
for Weldon shank | CoolCap®
• Hollow taper shank arbors according to DIN69893 form A, maximum precision
• fine balanced to G 6.3 gmm at 12,000 rpm
• with internal coolant supply and bore hole for the coolant supply tube
• effective direct cooling for solid carbide end mills because of a ring-shaped
• increased process reliability when using milling cutter bodies with indexable
inserts in connection with extensions by removing the chips from the cutting area