Robust and reliable design
Worldwide, air-insulated technology has served as a basis for an established, reliable power supply for more than 100 year. 8BT2 air-insulated medium-voltage switchgear has been launched by Siemens on the Turkish market in 2001. Upon reflecting on the global need for a product at 36kV voltage level, manufacturing of 8BT2 has begun in Mexico too and has been adapted to the specific market requirements of the different industries and power supply companies.
• Internal arc classification: IAC A FLR ≤ 31.5 kA, 1 s
• All operation only possible with closed HV-door
• logical mechanical interlocking system
• maintenance intervals of switchgear > 10 years
• use of maintenance free switching devices
• cable testing without isolating the busbar
Air-insulated switchgear for primary distribution
8BT2 is a metal-enclosed, factory-assembled and type-tested medium-voltage switchgear according to IEC 62271-200 for indoor application up to 36 kV. Loss of service continuity is category LSC 2B and partition class PM. 8BT2 is internal arc classified switchgear according to IAC A FLR up to 31.5 kA for 1 s arc duration. It's mainly used for power distribution. Eco-friendly thanks to air as insulating medium and the use of vacuum technology!