The RotoMAXX II low-shear, high-torque, right angle agitator is the only all stainless steel, low speed, large capacity agitator on the market.
Ideal for the pharmaceutical, cosmetics and food industries where large capacity is required, this robust agitator has a right angle helical bevel gearbox and is designed for the most demanding operating environments where stringent CIP, washdown, pressure washing, and steam cleaning conditions must be met.
• Tank volumes up to 60,000+ gallons
• Total washdown capability with 3-A TPV #73-01 compliance
• Impeller shaft available up to 144"
• Maintenance free, greased-for-life, sealed bearings in the bearing frame
• Up to 15 horsepower input
• Motors are 300 series stainless steel
• Flex couplings between motor/gearbox and gearbox/drive shaft provide vibration damping and shock load protection to drive components
The principle of operation for the RotoMAXX II is similar to the Rotomixx portable mixer and other top-entry agitators whereby a motor provides power to drive a shaft, and a bearing frame provides support for the motor, coupling and shaft. At the end of the shaft there is a device for pumping fluid, typically an impeller consisting of 3 blades attached to a central hub. The combination of the speed of the shaft rotation and the orientation and type of blades pump the fluid or liquid into which the impeller is immersed.