BAP-1289 HIGH VOLTAGE ISOLATED SCR GATE DRIVER
• Drive Mutiple Devices in Series Stack or Parallel Configuration
• Complete Electrical Isolation
• Fiber-Optic Customer Interface
• User-Definable Fiber-Optic Output
• 15 A Peak Gate Current
• 10 A/uS dI/dT Gate Current
• Pulse Transformer Isolation
• High Voltage Corona Resistant > 15Kv
• High Open Circuit Gate Voltage
• On-Board Power Supply Included
• Series SCR Stacks
• Parallel SCR Arrays
• AC Transfer Switches
• Medium to High Voltage Power Supply
• Rectifiers for High Energy Physics
• Pulsed Power Systems
The AP-1289 provides a complete, reliable, turnkey solution to control single or multiple High Voltage SCR devices.
High current FET amplifiers drive individual pulse transformers that provide direct drive to each SCR gate. These encapsulated, corona resistant, high voltage pulse transformers are easily linked with supplied high voltage silicon wire to allow series stacking of multiple SCRs in order to obtain higher voltage operation.
Standard Hewlett-Packard™ fiber-optic couplers provide an intrinsically safe interface and virtually infinite noise immunity between the SCR being driven and the customers’ control electronics.