The 9830B Series programmable AC power sources provide high performance and low total harmonic distortion in a 3U form factor. The addition of positive and negative DC offset voltages expands the AC capabilities to operate in DC and AC+DC output coupling modes. The user can select built-in and user-defined harmonic waveforms or select from standard sine, square or clipped sine outputs.
3-Phase power can be achieved by connecting 3 units of the same model in a master and slave configuration using the optional 3-Phase sync adapters. The frequency range is adjustable from 45 to 600 Hz in 3-phase mode.
Features & Benefits
• - AC, DC and AC+DC power source
• - 3-Phase capability using multiple AC sources and 3-Phase kit (TL983P-KIT)
• - Low total harmonic distortion meets the IEC 61000-3-2 standard
• - Comprehensive measurement capabilities Vrms, Arms, Vdc, +Apk, -Apk, inrush current, frequency, power factor, apparent power, reactive power, true power, and crest factor
• - 0.98 power factor at AC input stage
• - Built-in standard waveforms sine, square and clipped sine
• - 30 built-in THD waveforms
• - Amplifier mode with 1.2 kHz bandwidth for generating user-defined arbitrary waveforms
• - Step, List and Pulse modes for generating power line disturbance (PLD) simulations
• - List mode supports 10 user-defined programs with up to 100 programmable steps
• - Generate custom harmonic waveforms on a PC and download them to the instrument’s 5 non-volatile memory locations