The Nexen Ball Screw Brake is a high-torque, spring-engaged brake acting on the machined end of a ball screw. It serves as a primary or redundant safety brake to prevent back driving if a power loss or mechanical defect occurs in the driveline.
The low backlash and coupling combination provides a high degree of accuracy for holding ball screw position. An expanding shaft/clamping hub coupling connects the brake shaft to the end of the ball screw. This coupling comes with an elastomer insert with high torsional stiffness.
ECLIPSE BALL SCREW BRAKE FEATURES
• Low backlash for precision holding
• Spring engaged, air released
• Low inertia
• High torsional rigidity
• Bi-directional braking
• Fast engagement
• Meets IP67 dust and waterproof standards
• Operates in vertical and horizontal applications
• Allows thermal expansion of ball screw