In olden days the engines used to be equipped with multiple Belts, performing varied functions. However the modern vehicles are designed to function fully using just a single V-Belt. It is mostly the Poly-V Belt or also known as Serpentine Belt, which is used to power the alternator, power steering, air-conditioning, and all other accessories.
The Serpentine Belt is either a V-Belt of a flat ribbed belt. The advancement in the technology and the rubber compounding has made the Serpentine Belt as the most reliable, single element to drive all the accessories associated with the engine.
The Serpentine Belt may solely operate the alternator or it may also drive other components such as water pump, air compressor, air conditioning compressor and power steering pump etc
- Trapezoid faced ribs on a fibre reinforced rubber matrix for higher power transmission offering good resistance to wear and tear, facilitating quiet running
- Reduced vibrations, shock absorber, low stretch and an excellent behaviour under heavy load conditions
- Extremely flexible, capable to work on small pulley diameters and serpentine drives
- Oil and heat resistant, extended service life, suitable for HEMM applications
- Temperature range: -35°C to +130°C
1.Special top fabric of high wear resistance protects the belt from external agents such as Oil, grease, dust etc
2.Specially treated EPDM polyester tension member for high tensile strength with negligible elongation
3.Fibre Loaded EPDM compression rubber for high thermal resistance to maintain the profile dimension for longer service life