This shunted snap action thermal control is a new addition to the Valstat™ Series of economical solutions for protection in motor, transformer, lighting and other applications. Since the bimetallic element does not carry the circuit current, the FC-P6D devices primarily react to temperature changes, creating less derating than with current sensitive devices.
• Snap-action design, quick break/quick make switching action.
• Ultra compact design with a high switching contact rating.
• Shunted design: Bimetallic element does not carry current. Device makes or breaks circuit primarily based on temperature. This results in reducing the internal heating effect of the device when used in applications with higher current loads.
• Preset Calibration temperature; not adjustable in the field.
• PBT thermoplastic case allows for a Maximum Exposure temperature of 170°C for 24 hours.
• Case has a Dielectric strength of 1,500 VAC for 1 minute or 1,800 VAC for 1 second with no arc.