VAC offers a wide range of current sensors for DC and AC measurement in PCB and panel mount versions.
The VAC-invented principle of a closed loop current sensor with a magnetic probe (aka flux gate probe) as the zero field detector is distinguished by maximum precision of the current detection. The electronics of the VAC current sensors is concentrated almost entirely in an application specific IC.
All VAC sensors offer the detection of high continuous and peak currents in compact package sizes. Our current sensors are used in many different customer applications, the most typical being:
- Variable speed drives
- Photovoltaic inverters
- Wind power converters
- Welding inverters
- Switched mode power supplies
- Uninterruptible power supplies
VAC current sensors offer certain advantages over the commonly used closed-loop sensors using Hall-effect devices for field detection. Their outstanding features are:
- rated currents of 6 A to 1000 A and peak currents up to +2500 A in compact designs
- types for + 5 V supply with voltage output. Optionally internal or external reference voltage
- types for +/- 12 V, 15 V or 24 V supply with current output
- excellent measuring accuracy, minimum DC offset with very low hysteresis
- negligible output noise