Our BAC blanchers have been developed as the prices of water and disposal of waste water became an increasingly significant expense. The BAC types use air or a combination of air and re-circulated chilled water as cooling medium. This means that the amount of cooling water can be reduced to an absolute minimum, since the air alone can bring down the product temperature from 90°C to approx. 20°C, depending on the relative humidity of the cooling air.
The basic version consists of:
• An infeed section through which product is fed and distributed on the blanching belt.
• A blanching section where product heating takes place by spraying the product with re-circulated water.
• An air cooling section where the product is cooled by air.
• An RSW cooling section where the product is cooled by re-circulated chilled water
• Low risk of product contamination
• No product damage
• High yield
• Uniform blanching
• Low water consumption
• Custom-made design
• Hygienic design
• Low product discharge temperature
• Up to 16,000 kg/hour (green peas)
• All kinds of vegetables (exclusive of leafy products, e.g. spinach