The IR400 Infrared (IR) Point Detector is a hydrocarbon gas detector that continuously monitors combustible gases and vapors within the lower explosive limit (LEL) and provides alarm indication. It features an industry-leading response time of ≤ 3 seconds, even with a splash guard installed. All electronics are contained within an explosion-proof housing so that the IR400's detector information can be processed locally. Configurations with analog output, Modbus and HART are also available.
•Industry-leading speed & response: T90 ≤ 3 seconds even with splash guard installed
•No routine calibration required reducing maintenance costs
•Industry standard 4-20 mA output provides remote alarm and fault indication
•Multiple communication outputs provide complete status and control capability in the control room
•Heated optics eliminate condensation
•Dirty optics indication discriminates between true fault and cleaning requirements
•Fast calibration times reduce amount of cal gas required which lowers maintenance time and costs
Markets: General Industry, Oil & Gas, Utilities
• Chemical plants
• Compressor stations
• Drilling and production platforms
• Fuel loading facilities
• Oil well logging
• LNG/LPG processingand storage facilities
• Wastewater treatment facilities
Features & Benefits
• Low maintenance; no routine calibration required.
• True fail-to-safe operation provides outstanding gas detection performance.
• Multiple communication outputs provide complete status and control capability in the control room.
• Heated optics eliminate condensation.
• Dirty optics indication discriminates between true fault and cleaning requirements.