Application of the wireless fire detection system is where only restricted use of cable or conduit is permitted because of structural or aesthetic reasons, or for reasons of architectural conservation.
By wireless coupling the complex or visible cable installation is void; this is particularly interesting for museums, churches, etc.
The system offers the additional advantage that installation is possible without interruption of operation.
With change or extension of the building, smoke detectors and manual call points can be displaced easily, without high investment. Bi-directional data communication in the frequency range of 868 - 870 MHz and 433 - 435 MHz. The radio transmission works in the SRD band (Short Range Device), a reserved frequency band with defined user rules. The 3.6 V lithium battery (must be ordered separately) leads to a service life not less than 6 years.
- Standard : EN 54-17, EN 54-18, EN 54-25, EN 300220-2
- Radio frequency : 868...870 MHz (SRD band) and 433...435 MHz
- Channel width : 50 kHz
- Transmission distance : Max. 180 m in building Max. 1000 m in open air
- Transmitting power : Typ. <10 (max. 25) mW ERP
- Operating temperature : -10...+ 55 °C
- Supply voltage : Via FDnet or C-NET, additionally 3.6 V lithium battery, monitored
- Transmitter/receiver antenna : Dual band antenna
- Protection category : IP40 (IP65 with housing FDCH221)
- Relative humidity : ≤95 % rel.
- Color : ~RAL 9010 Pure white
- Communication protocol : FDnet/C-NET
- Dimensions (W x H x D) : 89 x 167 x 28 mm