Like other SP VirTis products, our General Purpose Freeze Dryer (GPFD) goes above and beyond to deliver great results. It’s ideal for bulky products such as archaeological artifacts/documents, where low energy input and long freeze-drying cycles are required. It also provides extra sample capacity for applications with very low moisture products.
• Convenient - easy installation with a free-standing and mobile design that means you can set up anywhere!
• Versatile - refrigeration temperatures of -53°C or -85°C
With widely varied applications that are typically troublesome - including drying archaeological artifacts and recovering water-damaged archival materials, to preparing museum specimens of plants and animals - the SP VirTis GPFD leaves damaging restoration processes in the past.
Available in 25L and 35L configurations, and with optional programmable heating to 60°C, this freeze dryer is prepared for any freeze-drying situation. The GPFD offers adjustable condenser refrigeration packages, allowing you to maximize your results whilst minimizing energy output, for an environmentally friendly approach to freeze-drying.
Features & Benefits
• Size doesn’t matter - drying large items is no problem; remove sublimated ice as you go with our mid-cycle defrost option
• Easy progress monitoring - clear acrylic chamber doors allow you to visualize the freeze-drying process, every step of the way
• Process large batches with ease - single run condenser capacities of 25L or 35L
• Wide variety of product solvents - temperatures down to -85ºC