• Compact 12 port routing switch, approved for rolling stock
• 12x100 Mbps
• Designed and built for extreme operational environments
• Robustness-enhancing design features
• Extensive range of approvals, by IEC/ISO 17025 certified
• Quality-focused engineering and production located in Sweden
• Powered by WeOS, Westermo's proven network operating system
• Strong set of protocols and functions, including layer 3 routing,
DHCP (server and client) and VRRP
• High level cyber security
• Easy to use
The Viper-212A is a managed 12 port routing switch optimised for the needs of the railway rolling stock market.
The Viper is designed to withstand the tough environment on-board trains, exposing the switch to constant vibration, extreme
temperatures, humidity and a demanding electrical environment.
A GORE-TEX® membrane prevents internal condensation. Threading integrated in chassis provides for additional vibration
resistance. High-level isolation between all interfaces enables direct connectivity to vehicle auxiliary power and protects against
overvoltage and flashover. IP67 protection prevents ingress of water and dust. An overall optimised design results in an
extremely compact package in combination with very high MTBF for easy integration and low lifecycle cost.