Compact basic rail-approved Ethernet solution
• Fully EN50155 compliant
• Single model 24 – 110 VDC power range
• 12 100 Mbit/s Ethernet ports
Externally tested and verified to EN 50155
• Surge resistance and isolation
• Magnetic field immunity & conducted emission
• Shock and vibration
Designed for long life and extreme operational environments
• IP67 anti-condensation GORE-TEX® membrane
• Ambient temperature –40°C (–40°F) to +70°C (+158°F)
• Integrated M12 threading & high MTBF, 636,000 hours
Design and production testing to match requirements for train control
• Post production testing exceeding EN 50155 mandatory requirement
• Isolation test on all units
• Manufactured according to IPC-A-610D class2
The Viper-012 is a basic unmanaged 12 port switch designed to meet the full requirements of the rail vehicle market. The incredibly compact and robust housing ensures the unit can be built into tight and environmentally hostile spaces.
As is critical for all equipment to be installed in rail vehicles, the Viper has been externally tested across the complete spectrum of
standards required by EN 50155.
Westermo understand that systems on railcars are required by the EN 50155 standard to have a useful life of 20 years, so as well
as using the highest quality components to deliver extended MTBF figures, we also implement features like the GORE-TEX®
membrane in the IP67 enclosure to prevent water build up in the units. Due to the high vibration environment of the rail industry,
we have also developed the Viper case with integral threading for the M12 connectors to ensure the IP67 seal is maintained for
the life of the product.