• Compact 12 port switch, approved for rolling stock
• 3 Gbps + 9x100 Mbps
• Designed and built for extreme operational environments
• Robustness-enhancing design features
• Extensive range of approvals, by IEC/ISO 17025 certified laboratories
• Quality-focused engineering and production located in Sweden
• Powered by WeOS, Westermo's proven network operating system
• Strong set of protocols and functions, including DHCP (server and client)
• High level cyber security
• Easy to use
The Viper-112A-T3G is a managed 12 port switch optimised for the needs of the railway rolling stock market. Gbps ports cope with high bandwidth devices such as access points and NVRs (Network Video Recorders).
The Viper is designed to withstand the tough environment on-board trains, exposing the switch to constant vibration, extreme temperatures, humidity and a demanding electrical environment.
A GORE-TEX® membrane prevents internal condensation. Threading integrated in chassis provides for additional vibration resistance. High-level isolation between all interfaces enables direct connectivity to vehicle auxiliary power and protects against overvoltage and flashover. IP67 protection prevents ingress of water and dust. An overall optimised design results in an
extremely compact package in combination with very high MTBF for easy integration and low lifecycle cost.
Thorough type testing at independent ISO/IEC 17025 and ILAC MRA certified labs, accredited to a wide range of standards, show that the Viper series fulfills EN 50155 and other requirements. The state-of-the-art Westermo production facility ensures the quality of each individual unit, e.g. through temperature cycling burn-in testing.