Built-in functionality for enhanced control
VACON® 20 Cold Plate is an open-frame, cold-plate drive. It is designed to use any type of cooling available inside a customers’ installation and to operate reliably in demanding environments.
Heat loss in AC drives can often affect surrounding machinery, particularly in compact drives that are mounted in tight spaces with insufficient airflow. With VACON 20 Cold Plate’s unique cooling system, heat loss can be reduced in two ways. Attach the drive to a heat sink with large cooling ribs to create a fully passively cooled drive, or mount the drive on a plate which is cooled by liquid to create a liquid-cooled solution. With no heat fins, VACON 20 Cold Plate requires less mounting depth. It fits in the tightest of places saving space and costs related to panel size.
Cabinets can be sealed making VACON 20 Cold Plate ideal for very harsh and demanding environments with high temperatures, dust or moist conditions. It supports asynchronous induction as well as permanent magnet synchronous motors. And the built-in PLC functionality allows the creation of application-specific software and solutions.
Supply voltages and power range
• 1 x 208-240 V...0.75-1.5 kW
• 3 x 208-240 V...0.75-4 kW
• 3 x 380-480 V...0.75-7.5 kW
Features and benefits
• Highest cooling flexibility and performance due to cold plate design
• Fits into the tightest of spaces thanks to its slender economical design
• Quick installation and set-up due to fast plugging of I/O wiring
• Operates reliably in an extensive range of demanding operating conditions
• Extended lifetime due to oversized components