ANVER easy adjustable Vacuum Relief Valves (VRV) are designed to protect vacuum pumps from internal damage due to a dead-head situation. VRVs allow a small amount of air into the vacuum pump, which cools the temperature and, in doing so, prevents overheating and possible damage. VRVs can be preset to a preferred vacuum level in order to provide the proper amount of air to cool and protect your vacuum pump. You can set a predetermined vacuum level using a vacuum gauge in the system. The VRV can be mounted anywhere in the system manifold. Consider mounting the VRV close to the vacuum pump and gauge to make adjustments easily as needed. ANVER recommends purchasing vacuum gauges shown in specifications below. VRVs are an inexpensive way to insure your expensive regenerative vacuum pump.
• Vibration resistant – holds settings
• Spring-loaded metal shaft and sealing cup
• Adjustable locking ring and internal bronze bearing for wear resistance
• Operational range from 6 in. to 21 in. of Hg
• Easy access from the top to reset valve without removing it from the manifold
Recommended for most applications. VRVs are ideal for vacuum handling of non-porous loads, in addition to many other applications that may cause a vacuum pump to dead-head or burnout.